As designers we know that our projects have a significant impact on our environment, and our team strives to design projects that support our planet’s prosperity. Unfortunately, the construction sector alone accounts for 40% of the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. Through high-quality sustainable design, our team focuses on reducing or offsetting the amount of CO2 produced in each project using building techniques and renewable energy sources.
High-quality, sustainable design incorporates:
• renewable energy sources such as geothermal or solar;
• passive design strategies to capitalize on natural light and solar energy;
• selecting materials with low carbon footprints;
• building envelope designs that minimize required heating and cooling;
• prioritizing high-efficiency lighting, HVAC, and equipment.
École Connaught Community School, pictured in this post, is certified LEED Silver from the Canadian Green Building Council. This project was completed in partnership with @numbertenarch