Intermediate / Senior Interior Designer
1080 is a talented and diverse team of designers, thinkers, scientists, project managers, diplomatic geniuses, poets and dog lovers. By trade we are Architects, Interior Designers, Technologists and Planners, but at heart we are builders of communities who collaborate with people and businesses to plan, design and build great spaces. We believe in design and its power to transform – quite simply we know that design can change the world one detail, one room and one building at a time and we thrive on the continuous growth this mission brings us.
If you are looking to collaborate, innovate and design, and are striving for excellence and continuous improvement we’d love to talk to you!
1080 is seeking an intermediate to senior Interior Designer who is a flexible, positive, team-oriented leader with creative problem-solving skills who can manage projects, grow client relationship and mentor staff.
What You Will Do
* Collaborate on and lead corporate interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design and design development
* Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
* Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
* Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
* Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
* 6 + years of related experience as an interior designer with a strong background in workplace interiors
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
* Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
* Experience with Revit an asset but not required
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUP and 3D Studio Max preferred
* Desire to grow with a dynamic firm
Along with working with a fun, dynamic and close-knit team,1080 offers a fast-paced working environment that includes work life balance, competitive salary, generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, team building and more. We invite candidates to apply who are natural leaders and have excellent communication and management skills. If you’re looking for a new role in a growing design firm, we’d love to connect with you to discuss this exciting opportunity.
If this is you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.