Intermediate / Senior Architect
1080 is a talented and diverse team of designers, thinkers, scientists, project managers, diplomatic geniuses, poets and dog lovers. By trade we are Architects, Interior Designers, Technologists and Planners, but at heart we are builders of communities who collaborate with people and businesses to plan, design and build great spaces. We believe in design and its power to transform – quite simply we know that design can change the world one detail, one room and one building at a time and we thrive on the continuous growth this mission brings us.
If you are looking to collaborate, innovate and design, and are striving for excellence and continuous improvement we’d love to talk to you!
1080 is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Architect who is a creative thinker, natural leader and, team-oriented go-getter to work with our dynamic team collaborating on and leading architectural design projects, mentoring staff and growing with the firm.
What You Will Do
* Collaborate with team members to craft innovative design solutions
* Manage client, team and project coordination, including documentation coordination with engineers and other design consultants
* Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
* Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex technical and design challenges
* Conduct and document site visits, process submittals, substitution requests, and RFI’s during construction
* Assist with proposal writing and general marketing initiatives
* Registered Architect with 10 + years of relevant experience as a project architect
* Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination
* Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
* Proficiency with Revit, AutoCad, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
* Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
* Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
* Desire to grow with a dynamic firm
Along with working with a fun, dynamic and close-knit team,1080 offers a fast-paced working environment that includes work life balance, competitive salary, generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, team building and more. We invite candidates to apply who are natural leaders and have excellent communication and management skills. If you’re looking for a new role in a growing design firm, we’d love to connect with you to discuss this exciting opportunity.
If this is you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.