Graphic Designer / Communications Expert
1080 is a talented and diverse team of designers, thinkers, scientists, project managers, diplomatic geniuses, poets and dog lovers. By trade we are Architects, Interior Designers, Technologists and Planners, but at heart we are builders of communities who collaborate with people and businesses to plan, design and build great spaces. We believe in design and its power to transform – quite simply we know that design can change the world one detail, one room and one building at a time and we thrive on the continuous growth this mission brings us.
If you are looking to collaborate, innovate and design, and are striving for excellence and continuous improvement we’d love to talk to you!
1080 is seeking a graphic design and communications expert to assist with business communications, proposals and other graphic communication within our growing architecture practice. The position is flexible and can be full-time or part-time if desired.
What You Will Do
* Assemble professional, high-quality, compelling proposals from strategic management of the response to delivery of the final product
* Use graphic communication skills to develop clear, persuasive content based on information provided by the team
* Define and manage the proposal response plan, schedule, and internal communications
* Secure the support and assistance of Leadership to complete proposals in a timely manner, consistent with corporate marketing and brand messaging
* Collaborate with the design team to create presentations and environmental graphics for projects
* Assist with marketing and social media initiatives/strategies
* Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design, Communications or Marketing
* Advanced skills in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and other design software
* 2+ years of related experience in a professional setting
* Business writing, editing, and communications skills a strong asset
* Thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented work environment
* Excellent interpersonal, computer and organizational skills
* Flexibility to focus on a single project OR multiple projects in various stages of development
* Ability to communicate directly
Along with working with a fun, dynamic and close-knit team,1080 offers a fast-paced working environment that includes work life balance, competitive salary, generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, team building and more. We invite candidates to apply who are natural leaders and have excellent communication and management skills. If you’re looking for a new role in a growing design firm, we’d love to connect with you to discuss this exciting opportunity.
If this is you, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.